CBRI Commissioned by Midlands Engine to Develop Exchanges with Zhejiang Provincial Government
Since its official establishment in December 2015, Midlands Engine (ME) has initiated bilateral exchanges with China, Zhejiang Provincial Government being a strategic focus in East China.
CBRI is commissioned by ME between 2016 and 2019 as Consultant on China Affairs. CBRI’s main responsibilities include:
- Advising ME regarding regional affairs with Zhejiang and wider affairs with China
- Drafting long term strategic and short term action plans for ME
- Arranging and delivering bilateral senior official visits
- Shadowing Sir John Peace President of ME at Zhejiang and China related activities, drafting speaking notes and providing live advice on all aspects and levels
- Liaising on behalf of ME as point of contact with Zhejiang Provincial Government and relevant government departments to develop exchanges
- Supporting bilateral stakeholders on behalf of ME to identify and initiate opportunities for business matching and collaboration.
- Facilitating and troubleshooting at all levels
Reference: About Zhejiang
June 2017 Ms Wu Guiying President of CCPIT Zhejiang Council visiting Nottinghamshire and ME
September 2017 Cllr. Katherine Cutty Leader of Nottinghamshire County Council visiting Zhejiang, hosted by Mr Yuan Jiajun Governor of Zhejiang Provincial Government
November 2018 Sir John Peace President of ME visiting Zhejiang, hosted by Mr Yuan Jiajun Governor of Zhejiang Provincial Government
November 2018 Sir John Peace President of ME visiting Geely, hosted by Mr Zhang Yi Deputy CFO of Geely
April 2019 Mr Wai-kit Ho Consul for Bilateral and Outreach of British Consulate-General Shanghai visiting Huzhou, hosted by Ms Zang Xueping Director of Huzhou Foreign Affairs Office